What is Deer Antler Velvet?
Deer antler velvet is a widely used international dietary and health supplement. It is a branching bony appendage on the heads of most deer species. Deer have antlers, not horns. Horns are unbranched structures that are never shed, made of bone with a keratin sheath. Antlers are branched and are shed and regrown every year, getting larger each time. They are made only of bone. Though they are covered in the skin called velvet, while they are growing. Female deer select their partner depending on the antlers. Deer antler velvet is a 100% natural food which is not a synthetic, foreign substance. Therefore it is safer and better at bringing the body to homeostasis than any drug because it is a whole food that acts on the whole body.
Deer Antler Velvet Benefits
There are a wide number of benefits of Deer Antler Velvet. They are used in skin care, inner body function and also to improve the immunity system if the human body. Here are a few such extraordinary benefits of deer antler velvet,
- Improvement in general health
- Increase in blood supply and circulation
- Reduction of blood pressure
- Increase in energy levels and endurance
- Increase in muscular development and strength
- Improvement in flexibility and joint mobility
- Increase in muscle recovery
- Prevention and reduction of inflammation
- Development of the skeletal system
- Stimulation of the immune system function
- Improvement in mental health
- Anti-aging health
Deer Antler Velvet composition
- Insulin-like Growth Factor-1
- Glucosamine and Chondroitin A sulfate
- Calcium phosphate
- Calcium carbonate
How to use Deer Antler Velvet?
Deer antler velvet can be made into different forms as spray, liquid, and capsules. In India, deer antler velvet is mostly dried and sold in the form of slices or powdered. Then the slices or powder are mixed with other herbs and boiled in water to create a medicinal tea or soup. In the west, deer antler velvet is taken as a tincture of deer velvet extract, which is referred to as Pantocrin in Russia, or generically as “deer antler spray”.
How does it work?
Deer antler velvet is very well known as a natural adaptogen that helps gradually to restore homeostasis to an unbalanced body by helping where it is needed. It also has an effect on many systems of the body given its chemical composition. The active ingredients in deer antler velvet aid in processing substances that maintain body health and well-being.
What is Deer Antler Extract?
Deer antler velvet extract is a substance extracted from cartilage tissues of male deer antlers. It is used for human nutritional benefits and medicinal purposes. Deer antler velvet is typically removed under anesthesia, which is similar to the process of a human. Substances such as minerals, growth hormones, glucosaminoglycans can be found in the tissue of the deer antler cartilages.
What is Deer Antler Spray?
Deer antler spray is a supplement of deer antler velvet which is used by sports people to build their body. It is affected when it is sprayed 3 -5 times a day. Deer antler velvet is widely used by the athletes to build muscle and to have bigger, stronger and faster. It is made by clipping off the deer antlers and either grinds them, freeze them, or cook them to get out the nutrients, according to the Baltimore Sun. Deer velvet was a common ingredient in old Eastern medicine.
How to consume Deer Antler Velvet?
Capsules may be taken with or without food.
- For maintaining general health one can use 1000 mg capsule twice a day.
- For therapeutic effects one can use 2000 mg capsule four times a day.
- For athletic performance one can use 3000 mg capsule six times per day.
It is recommended to have the dosage by splitting it twice a day, one dosage in the morning and other one in the evening.
Deer antler spray and tablets recommended dosage is:
- 2 ml (2 droppers daily) of extract liquid for competitive performance
- For professional performance recommended dosage is 1 extract tablet daily.
- The extract is in liquid form, it should be taken once in a day with an empty stomach.
- It is advised to shake the bottle well before use
- It is recommended to place one dropper under the tongue before swallowing the medicine. Try to hold in mouth for 90 seconds initially before taking the medicine in.
- The extract tablet should also be taken on an empty stomach, one daily.
- Bite the tablet a few times to break it up, hold the pieces under the tongue and allow to dissolve
- Pregnant women should consult a doctor before consuming
Side effects of Deer Antler Velvet
There are no reported negative side effects or toxicity. Only mild side effects exist and that is as follows,
- Upset stomach
- A headache
Is it safe?
Obviously, deer antler velvet is safe to consume as it is 100% natural, whole food. Studies have shown that using deer antler velvet at the recommended doses is nontoxic. Deer antler velvet supplementation also has a safe usage history.
Deer Antler Velvet Supplements
There are a few Deer Antler Velvet Supplements that functions and provides good results as well. One such supplement is powder form. You can consume the Deer Antler Velvet supplement which is available in the powdered form.
How to get Deer Antler Velvet?
The best and easy way to get deer antler velvet is through online where you can get it in your doorstep. You can also select the brands depending on your comfort by reviews which will ease your work. Online purchasing is easier.