What is glutathione?
Glutathione is a natural antioxidant present in our body.
- It neutralizes free radicals and helps in immunity.
- It is involved in the building of body tissues and their repair.
- It is also one of the strongest anti-cancer agents manufactured in the body and can also delay the aging process.
But it is available in the form of injections and tablets.
There are a few marvelous functions of Glutathione such as Maintenance of vitamin C and vitamin E, Monitoring Hydrogen Peroxide production and Neutralizing liquid peroxides-breakdown found in the membranes of our cells.
Uses and Benefits
- Protects the body from harmful UV rays, as it is a part of a natural defense system.
- Glutathione injections or pills detoxify the body
- When the exact and correct amount of glutathione dosage is taken, it helps in reducing the dark melanin pigments and converts them into lighter pigments, thus making the skin brighter.
- Glutathione injections or pills also treat neurodegenerative diseases such as irritable bowel, chronic fatigue, stroke, multiple sclerosis, tremor and radical damage.
- It is also used in winemaking which determines the browning or caramelizing effect.
- It is used in cosmetics as glutathione plays a role in preventing oxidative damage to the skin.
In order to experience proper benefits, one should take the glutathione dosage in the right form and in the quantity as prescribed by the experts.
Glutathione for Skin Whitening
Glutathione is available in different forms for skin whitening. Different forms are as follows,
- Glutathione pills
- Glutathione injections
- Apart from these two, glutathione is available as glutathione creams, lotions, soaps.
How to use glutathione for skin whitening?
Before using glutathione, make sure to know how much amount it should be taken. Intake of at least 500 mg of glutathione is essential for whitening the skin. An amount can be increased up to 1000 mg per day. For better results, it is good to use glutathione along with vitamin C as it would prevent oxidation and enhance the results. Maintain the gap of a few minutes between the intake of glutathione supplements and your meals. Try to avoid long sun exposure as much as possible and always wear a sunscreen with SPF 30 or more.
Glutathione supplements and natural foods
- Consume sulfur-rich foods: Because sulfur is important for producing glutathione. Sulfur is found in vegetables like broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, kale, watercress and mustard greens. Sulfur-rich proteins are found in fish and poultry, as well as alliums and cruciferous vegetables.
- Increase vitamin C intake: it plays a major role in maintaining the glutathione level in the body. Hence it is necessary to take vitamin C supplement which is rich in fruits and vegetables.
- Add selenium-rich foods to diet: selenium is a cofactor for the production of glutathione. Fish, organ meats and Brazil nuts are all selenium-rich foods that may help increase your levels naturally.
- Supplement with whey protein: whey protein is a good source of cysteine, which helps maintain adequate glutathione production. Therefore, whey protein may help increase your levels.
- Milk thistle supplement: the active ingredient in milk thistle extract is called silymarin. Milk thistle supplements can increase glutathione levels, likely attribute to silymarin.
- Try turmeric extract: curcumin, an important ingredient in turmeric may increase the glutathione level. Although flavoring your food with turmeric can be tasty, you need the more concentrated forms of curcumin found in turmeric extract to increase your levels.
- Avoid drinking alcohol: as it decreases the glutathione level
- Exercise regularly
- Get enough sleep
Some of the glutathione supplements are as follows,
- Pure encapsulations reduced glutathione
- Bluebonnet Nutrition L-glutathione
- Solgar Reduced L-glutathione
- Bulk Supplements Pure Glutathione Reduced power
- GNC L-glutathione
- Healthy origins stria L-Glutathione
Healthcare providers also give glutathione as a shot by injection into the muscle for preventing poisonous side effects of cancer treatment and for male infertility. Healthcare providers also give glutathione intravenously by injection into the vein, by IV for preventing anemia in kidney patients undergoing Hemodialysis treatment, preventing kidney problems after heart bypass surgery, treating Parkinson’s disease.
Glutathione side effects
- Taking glutathione for a longer period may lower zinc levels
- Inhaled glutathione may cause asthma
- Symptoms include wheezing
- Allergies and rashes
It is necessary to consult a doctor before going for it and also the treatment you are undergoing previously should be reported so that the doctor will treat accordingly. It is not recommended for pregnant women.
Where to find it?
Widely available for purchase online, glutathione supplements and glutathione containing personal-care products are sold in many natural-foods stores, drugstores, and stores specializing in dietary supplements.
Glutathione for skin whitening before and after using it
After using it, you can observe the reduced wrinkles which will often notice that fine lines, skin folds, wrinkles, laugh lines and crow’s feet have disappeared in the skin lightening. You will have clear skin which will have a clear skin tone. You will also notice smooth skin.
Thus the above given are some amazing facts about Glutathione, hope it is helpful!