Pantocid DSR Capsule belongs to the family of dopamine antagonists group of drugs which is used to treat people suffering from vomiting and nausea due to gastrointestinal problems and Parkinson’s disease. It is prescribed to patients of acid reflux and peptic ulcer due to indigestion, heartburn, stomach pain or irritation.
It is good to take medicine when prescribed by the doctor to avoid any unbalancing in the body. The pills are taken in an empty stomach as it neutralizes acid and clears the passage for gas. It is important to know the dosage and its consequences to get recover on time. If you will leave to take pills before a defined period then can harm you and symptoms will be back.
There are various side effects related to this medicine if it is not taken as per prescription causes problems as diarrhoea, stomachache, headache, dryness in the mouth, flatulence. If you face any of problem during intake of medicine then consult your doctor immediately before the situation worsen. If you have any liver or kidney disorder then tell your doctor before the prescription.
This medicine weakens body too that you will feel sleepy all the time, so avoid any work which can harm you like driving and working outside. It is most important to avoid smoking and drinking while the intake of medicine, as it harms the body. You will have to change meals and additional drink like spicy food, chocolate, hot coffee, tea and cold milk to have a better recovery.
It is mandatory for women to aware the doctor about their pregnancy and breastfeeding in case they are planning or going through this as it doesn’t harm the baby.
What is to be treated with Pantocid DSR?
- Heartburn and Acidity
- Gastric Motility Disorders
- Peptic Ulcer
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Diabetic Gastroparesis
- Motion Sickness
- Erosive esophagitis
- Zollinger Ellison Syndrome
- Helicobactor Pylori Infection
Major Side Effects
There are some short term side effects of this medicine as:
- Dryness of mouth
- Blurred vision
- Terrible flatulence in stomach
- Explosive Diarrhoea, constipation
- Severe headache
- Skin Rashes, itching, swelling and redness
- Abdominal Pain
- Increased Liver enzymes
- Dizziness in the body causing weakness
- Respiratory issues especially difficulty in breathing
- Problems related to the heart occurs as it stops functioning properly
- Breast pain is common in women
- Sexual desire will be less
- Men’s Breast start raising
Likewise, there are some long term side effects of Pantocid DSR which you should not ignore:
- Low magnesium
- Hypersecretion, rebound acid
- Risk of pneumonia
- Serious stomach infections ( C.diff and Campylobacter)
- Increase the risk of fractures
- Vitamin B12 Deficiency
However, it has a major effect on organs causing stomach cancer or hepatic or renal impairment if taken excessively or with some other combination. In case you face any problem consult your doctor.
Price of Pantocid DSR
Based on its use Pantocid DSR is available in various composition at an affordable price:
- Pantocid 40mg – Pantoprazole 40mg – Rs. 138 for 15 tablets
- Pantocid 20mg – Pantoprazole 20mg – Rs. 96 for 15 tablets
- Pantocid D Capsule – Pantoprazole 20 mg + Domperidone 10mg – Rs. 88 for 10 capsules
- Pantocid IV Injection – Pantoprazole 40mg – Rs. 46.79 for 1 pack
- Pantocid HP Kit – Clarithromycin 500mg + Pantoprazole 40mg + Amoxicillin 750 mg – Rs. 153 for 1 pack
- Pantocid L Capsyuule- Pantoprazole 40mg + Levosulpiride 75mg – Rs. 203 for 10 capsules
However, there are many alternate drugs present in the market with a different mixture. You need to consult your doctor before intake any of them.
- Pantorite D capsule – Rs. 77
- Jopan DSR Capsule – Rs. 89.5
- Ecpan DSR capsule – Rs. 112
- L Panto D Capsule – Rs. 89
How to store Pantocid DSR
Always keep the medicine in a cool and dry place away from the reach of children.
How Pantocid DSR is affective
Pantocid DSR tablet is a mixture of two medicines – Domperidone and Pantoprazole. Domperidone is an antidopaminergic drug, generally suppress nausea, vomiting and speeds gastrointestinal peristalsis. Pantoprazole is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) heals acid of the stomach and cure ulcers.
Pantocid DSR common dosage
When prescribed Pantocid DSR you must ask about dosage because it can be harmful in both cases if it is taken an overdose and lowest dose. The minimum intake of medicine is 30mg per day depending on the condition, medical history and weight of the patient. You can either chew or orally take the medicine. There should be an optimum gap between two doses of medicine. It is preferable to take medicine 30 minutes before every meal.
The medicine should take for consecutive 14 days as advised by the doctor without skipping but if you miss any time then take it immediately. You should consult the doctor if there is no change in your health. Continue with medicine until and unless the doctor recommends to stop it because if you will to do this then symptoms appear again.
Some Facts about Pantocid DSR
It is necessary to know about drug interaction with other drug and food so that it may not harm your body. Always discuss your doctor about the mental and physical status of your body so that he will prescribe correct medicine.
However, Pantocid DSR does not react with any food so you can carry with your regular lifestyle. It is mandatory to avoid this medicine to any liver, kidney or heart disease patients. Sometimes improper intake of medicine causes a deficiency of magnesium in the body. It has examined that some drastic reaction takes place if you change the drug regimen without the approval of a doctor.
Pantocid DSR interaction with other drugs: